Oh today was a great day. I took both kiddos to Joann Fabrics with me and they were great!! I got a bunch of Tulle to make Evin some tutus. I made one today (see picture above) and I have several more in different styles ready for me to sew up tomorrow. This one is Blue, Pink, White and Black. It is a bit big on her, but I guess that is what happens when you make it when she is asleep. I also made her a pony tail holder (see picture below). hehe
Then I spent some time sewing together the stuff that I cut and pinned up the other night. Evin is THRILLED with her new "Silky" or Lovey. Jax got his replaced. He left his nice black and grey camo one on the air plane or at the air port (I was sad), so I duplicated it and made 3 others for future gifts! I also plan to make Jaxin another one tomorrow.
I really do need to spend some time on some house stuff, but I am loving this!! I feel so much better being back to my crafting!!
Oh and here is Evin's "Spotting Scope" that we made the other day.
And just because he is so cute, I have to share Jaxin too!! He was watching The Backyardigans!
I love it!!..
ReplyDeleteFew more weeks and we can compare crafts. I hope so. :")
That's all so adorable! I miss my crafting days...
ReplyDeleteMel, I am looking forward to that!!!
ReplyDeleteDes, I did too! That is why I had to bring it back (but Jax is 9 1/2 months old)!
Love it!! I think everyone needs to have craft time :)
ReplyDeletewow, you are so crafty. I love it. I should learn to make some silkies for Connor.
ReplyDeleteLove the tutus and the silkies - i have a whole pile of fabrics and an unused sewing machine just waiting for me to find the time to start sewing again!
ReplyDeleteWhen i was pregnant with Fin i had huge plans to make so much jewellery and glass stuff while i was on maternity leave(!). It feels good to be finally making stuff again now for the wedding and definitely seems to be the start of a new making phase for me :o)